Skip to main content

Can my babies daddy come home to at least to see his child if he lives n another state

Grand Tower, IL |

his mother wont let him cause she think baby is not his and she don't like me can she do that

Attorney Answers 3

  1. How old is he. If he is over 18 his mother cannot stop him. Have a DNA test done.

    IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

  2. He will need to file a petition to establish paternity. If he is found to be the father, then he has rights to visitation and/or custody depending on the circumstances. Until then, he will regretfully be at the mother's whim.

    This response is being provided for information purposes only and does not constitute an attorney client relationship. Furthermore, I am only licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois. While there are oftentimes similarities between States' laws, there can also be large differences. You should not rely on this response as legal advice and are highly encouraged to speak to an attorney licensed in your State for an accurate legal answer.

  3. How old is he? If he is over 18, he is free to travel anywhere he wishes to travel. If he is the father of your child, you need to get to court to establish his rights and responsibilities. There is no way the alleged father's mother can know for sure that the child is not his unless she was with you ALL the time. Please speak to a lawyer to help you get this cleared up. If you are under 18, have a parent or guardian find a lawyer for you.