Can my 12 year old sons biological father make me submit him to a DNA test if he was not listed as the father on the birth cert

Fredericktown, MO |

My son is 12. His biological father has never met him or attempted until now. I was separated from my husband when I got pregnant by a man that was very physically abusive. I have medical records from my many visits to the hospital. After leaving the man my husband said he would raise my son as his own and we reconciled.My husband was named as the father and I have never received any support or assistance from the state of Missouri.

In the State of Missouri, you only have to make your son available for a DNA test unless you agree or you are ordered to by the Court. The biological father must file a Paternity action and request a DNA test which he will be required to pay for at the time it is administered.