Can mutual no contact order or restraining order be entered? Under wahat circumstances? I live in North Carolina.

Asheville, NC |

I filed for 50B against my husband in civil court. He was found guilty of domestic violence in criminal court (misdemeanor, jail-suspended, community service, abuser classes, fines, no contact order). He filed for divorce from bed and board to move the case to family court and 50B against me in his response and counterclaim for my 50B.
It was no hearing regarding his filings (I opposed no contact order against me when the judge asked about my stand on that) but judge in family court ordered mutual "no contact" based ONLY on filings and the trial re: 50B was continued. Was that legal to enter "no contact" order ? How can I fight it? Also the opposing party is trying to get mutual 50B or force me to dismiss 50B. I already dissmissed my divorce from bed and board it was a huge mistake.

Not practicing in NC I can only advise you that mutual orders of protection are often negotiated in settling cross petitions. You should speak to an attorney ASAP to discuss all your options.

The above answer does not constitute an attorney client relationship and/ or retention of counsel. This answer is based upon the facts presented and may change if additional information is provided. The rules of the Bar for New York State may require me to advise that this could be construed as attorney advertisement.

Although your question is not clear, mutual orders can be entered. You should consult an attorney about the possiblity of an appeal if you aren't happy.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.

Recommended articles about Family law