Can members of a club have sex within the premises of this club with one another? Or is it illegal in California?

Hello
Is it legal in California for members of a paying private club to have sex within the club facility (enclosed space so the general public cannot see the inside of the club facility)?
Thanks

1. Check the club's bylaws and with your club's ruling body/council for your answer.

2. Make sure the club operators/principals have cleared the compliances, regulations, licenses and permits as necessary so that local law enforcement doesn't Determine it to be "brothel/cathouse" and you a "john" sort of speak, which would be a serious felony offense in California.

In addition to AVVO's disclaimer, please note that by this answer no attorney client relationship is intended mor entered into and unless there is a signed retainer agreement in place, neither me nor anyone in our office has intended to solicit clients nor reprints them. The answers are general in nature and without weighing specifics of particular query. No answer should be relied on in whole or in part, directly or otherwise to act or not to act in pursue of any of your potential claims in law or equity. You should consult with and obtain advise or representation of an attorney to protect your rights regarding your case or matter.

3. Municipal codes frequently regulate sexual encounter establishments. The county health department may also have regulations affecting them, and the ABC also may be involved to prevent the on-site sale of alcoholic beverages.

Otherwise, so long as the rules and regulations of the club permit sexual contact between members and no controlled substances are used by the members, there should not be any other legal issues.

This assumes, of course, members are free NOT to engage in sexual contact, are there of their own free will, and the sexual contact does not involve prostitution.

My answers are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers assume California law. I am licensed in California, only. Answers must not be relied upon.<br> <br> Legal advice and counsel must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. <br> <br> I provide legal advice and counsel during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us.<br> <br> The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential. I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo because I have answered or commented on a question. Specifically, I assume no duty to respond to any question, comment, telephone call, or email.<br> <br> All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice or counsel in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult an attorney licensed in the appropriate jurisdiction for advice and counsel. See, also, Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.<br>

Business topics