Can members of a club have sex within the premises of this club with one another? Or is it illegal in California?

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Hello
Is it legal in California for members of a paying private club to have sex within the club facility (enclosed space so the general public cannot see the inside of the club facility)?
Thanks

1. 4

Answered . Make sure the club operators/principals have cleared the compliances, regulations, licenses and permits as necessary so that local law enforcement doesn't Determine it to be "brothel/cathouse" and you a "john" sort of speak, which would be a serious felony offense in California.

2. 4

Answered . Municipal codes frequently regulate sexual encounter establishments. The county health department may also have regulations affecting them, and the ABC also may be involved to prevent the on-site sale of alcoholic beverages.

Otherwise, so long as the rules and regulations of the club permit sexual contact between members and no controlled substances are used by the members, there should not be any other legal issues.

This assumes, of course, members are free NOT to engage in sexual contact, are there of their own free will, and the sexual contact does not involve prostitution.

3. Answered . Check the club's bylaws and with your club's ruling body/council for your answer.