Skip to main content

Can me and my kids travel to see my ailing granddad with AP and garantee return to US?

Brooklyn, NY |

I am awaiting interview on my 1 485 AOS filed under vawa me and my kids want to see him m y granddad is 100yrs old and ailing can I go with my kids to see him with AP?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Nothing can be a "guarantee" when it comes to immigration. Also, I would need more specific facts to determine risks. Speak with your lawyer regarding this issue.

Irene Vaisman, Esq. 11 Broadway, Suite 615 New York, NY 10004 (646) 253-0516 This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (646) 253-0516.


You can travel with your advance parole. However, there are no "guarantees".

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Yes, but I would talk to your lawyer before.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Sorry to hear about your granfather. I hope he's lived a good life. He should be proud to know that you're a domestic violence survivor who is fighting to build a life for youself and your kids here in America.

As for your question, you need to consult with an immigration attorney on this matter. Advanced parole can get you back when you have a pending I-485. However, there are no guarantees. You need an attorney to carefully review your background to make sure there is nothing that will bar you from getting back in.

Many of us provide a free initial consultation (see below). Take advantage of that. Good luck!

FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION AVAILABLE. Phone (646) 663-5902. Offices in Queens and Manhattan. Website located at Our responses on this site do not create an attorney-client relationship. Our responses on this website are for educational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Immigration and nationality law is a complex area of law which requires careful review of a person's particular circumstances. Do not rely on any answers provided on this site to make a decision on your case. For proper legal advice, you may contact us for a free initial consultation.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer