Can me and my fiance get married if she is still married in mexico?

Asked about 1 year ago - Paso Robles, CA

she was married in mexico and there marriage certificate was destroyed and was never brought to the united states

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

1

Answered . If some countries yes, but not in the USA. Even if you did it abroad, it would not be valid here. If you lie about it, it may backfire one day and seriously.

2. Trevor L Hensley

1

Answered . When you apply for a marriage license in California you must disclose that you are currently married in Mexico. California will require you to dissolve that marriage before you can be married in California. You could lie on the application, but it could cause very serious issues if it comes to light that your spouse was already married.

Dissolve the Mexico marriage first, then get married in California.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . No, you cannot. The married party must first obtain a divorce.