Can marriage get me citizenship in NV?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

I'm 40 and entered USA legally 8 years ago but permit is expired, Visa is current. I have worked under another name and fake SS, paid taxes. If I marry a USA citizen, can I legalize my status and do I have to leave the country?
If so, how long would it take to get my SS and work permit papers?

1. Peter Lunt Ashman

Answered . Bonafide marriage? probably yes without leaving the country. It is taking around 3-4 months to get your green card. You may get a work permit before that. Talk to a good immigration lawyer for details.

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . Yes you can get permanent residency if you marry a US citizen. You will not have to leave the country to get your green card. There are a number of steps involved so you should consult with an immigration attorney. During the process you will be able to apply for work authorization. It should take about three months. After you receive your work authorization you will be able to apply for a social security card.

3. Gary David Goodin

Answered . More details are needed about your situation but you should be able to adjust to permanent resident or green card status.

However you should consult an immigration attorney who can review all your facts and advise you accordingly.

Please consult an immigration attorney before you marry.

Gary Goodin,
    Goodin Law P.A.
    3440 E Russell Rd. Suite 226
    Las Vegas, NV 89130
    Tel: 702-423-2721
    www.immigrationlasvegas.com