Can loan agencies give out personal credit information to personal references?

Vacaville, CA |

can a loan agency called and give personal account information to family friends of the credit holder.

What information did they give out exactly and in what context?

My standard disclaimer: I am not offering legal advice, assume I do not know the law in your state and that I am just making suggestions for starting points for when you do speak with an attorney. Do NOT rely on anything I write and contact a lawyer in your area immediately after reading my posting.

I agree with Mr. Okorocha, but would add that if they only gave out information that is already public, such as your name and/or address, then there's probably nothing you can do. If they gave out your social security number, and you suffer damages as a result, then you would have a case.

Disclaimer: I am not offering legal advice, assume I do not know the law in your state and that I am just making suggestions for starting points for when you do speak with an attorney. Do NOT rely on anything I write and contact a lawyer in your area immediately after reading my posting.