Can legally seperated wife use emails that she hacked into my account and printed off use them against me in court?

Locust Grove, VA |
Filed under: Divorce

We both signed our divorce agreement on May 8th which included custody of my son. We had a existing court date for may 19th and was told everything was resolved and didnt have to worry about it. In the paper work it stated I would have joint custody of my son. I didnt know that my ex wife had been hacking into my email account for the past 4 months and was spying on me. She emailed my now "girl" friend after seeing we had been in an argument and was feeding info to her to get the friend and I to fight. We had an argument via email and the ex wife printed out the argument and then her lawyer and she decided to keep the court date for May 19th and the judge and her lawyer decided to change the date to July 21st. I have been laid off and can not afford a lawyer.

It would be helpful to have more facts, but I would consider reporting the invasion of your account to the police. Again, it would depend on the circumstances, but this might constitute state and federal crimes involving the unauthorized access of a computer system.

Recommended articles about Divorce