Can landlord show my bathroom whenever she wants. I share a jack & jill bathroom with one other tenant who has vacated his room?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Carlsbad, CA

This other tenant has now vacated the premises so the other bedroom is now empty. I have provided my landlord with a 30 day notice; but doesn't the landlord have to provide me with a 24 notice to show both my bathroom and room and only during normal business hrs can it be shown? Would the bathroom showings differ from my room? Please advise.

1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

2

Answered . Although Civil Code section 1954 covers the general topic of when a landlord can enter a rental dwelling, there is no specific answer under California law to your extremely fact-specific situation. You will just need to work out with your landlord how and when the shared bathroom will be shown to prospective tenants.