Can landlord from commercial building lock me out?

Asked over 4 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

Im the tenat of commerical building location, a restaurant under construction. Due unexpected delays, permits etc.,restaurant is not yet open for business. My landorld served me with three day notice to pay or quit. I currently dont have resources to pay but hopefully will in next month. My landlord wants no type of communication with me and he just locked my out of the location. He changed all the locks and i have a lot of personal property inside location such as refrigerators, tables, restaurant supplies,inside location. When i first rented location, it was not in good conditions. I completely renovated the location with my own money. please advice me

1. Robert John Murillo

Answered . You must contact a local real estate litigator. What the landlord can and cannot do is based on the lease and your state law. As a general rule, a self-help eviction is disfavored or not allowed. It really depends on your state and your lease and it is not possible to know your rights without this review. Contact an attorney immediately.

DISCLAIMER—This answer is for informational purposes only and discusses general legal principles, trends, and considerations and is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship.