Can L2 visa holder with EAD with H1B in processing stay back if L1 leaves US i.e. employment with US company ends?

Asked over 1 year ago - Jersey City, NJ

Employer of L1 visa holder asking to go back to india in July 2013 i.e. L1 VISA HOLDER WILL NOT BE ON THE PAYROL OF THE US COMPANY ANYMORE. L2 visa holder has EAD and working for an IT company. I94 for both stamped till Sep 2014. H1B of both in process.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . No!

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. Anu Gupta


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Hi there- there was a similar posting on this. Please read.

    Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.... more
One or more answers have been taken down.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,361 answers this week

2,929 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,361 answers this week

2,929 attorneys answering