Can L2 stay beyond the L1 stay until the validation of L visa ?

Saint Louis, MO |

I am currently residing in St Louis on 1 and my Spouse will be coming to LA on 2 . I will join him in LA upon his arrival . Can my spouse come to LA or he has to come at my address only ? Also , I ( 1 ) is going back to my country on Apr 12 ( for good ) , can my Spouse ( 2 ) stay beyond my stay for 1 - 2 days ? Or do we need to go back together . FYI - My 1 is valid till Dec 2013 . and same goes for my spouse .

1. An L-2s status depends on the L-1s status, not on a visa stamp. The L-1s status ends when the L-1s employment ends. The L-2s status ends when the L-1s status ends.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. Your spouse can enter the US at any place with a valid visa but can only stay for as long as you maintain your L-1 status. If you leave in April for good, you spouse cannot stay lawfully past that the day you resign.

3. I agree with my colleague.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.