Can L2 stay beyond the L1 stay until the validation of L visa ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Saint Louis, MO

I am currently residing in St Louis on 1 and my Spouse will be coming to LA on 2 . I will join him in LA upon his arrival . Can my spouse come to LA or he has to come at my address only ? Also , I ( 1 ) is going back to my country on Apr 12 ( for good ) , can my Spouse ( 2 ) stay beyond my stay for 1 - 2 days ? Or do we need to go back together . FYI - My 1 is valid till Dec 2013 . and same goes for my spouse .

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

2. Christian Schmidt

3

Answered . Your spouse can enter the US at any place with a valid visa but can only stay for as long as you maintain your L-1 status. If you leave in April for good, you spouse cannot stay lawfully past that the day you resign.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . An L-2s status depends on the L-1s status, not on a visa stamp. The L-1s status ends when the L-1s employment ends. The L-2s status ends when the L-1s status ends.