Can L1-X rejection impact fresh h1-b or Canada WP?

Jersey City, NJ |

I got my L1 and I-94 expired on 07/21/13 and I got a RFE on 10/21/13. I have still not applied for RFE. How do my future prospects differ in 2 cases – A. I get L1-X rejected. B. I do not respond to RFE & leave before Jan 21 (within 6 months of I-94 expiry). I want to know the impact apart from the penalty whether it would impact USCIS decision for approving my any future visa/ GC. Also, my client wants to apply for Canadian Visa. Can L1-X rejection stamp on my profile impact my Canadian visa also? Can they deny me Canadian visa thinking that I was denied in US, so they try to dig in more about my BG and somehow get to know that I got it rejected because of lack of furnishing proper docs/ proof.

These are all questions that shouldn't be answered in the abstract but with the specific facts fo your RFE and your case and future plans in front of the attorney. I do not like to abandon a case without an explanation to USCIS. better to withdraw if you have a good reason. But again need the facts!!

Hi Lynne, Thanks. Facts are that I am unable to furnish proper documents to justify my L1-X with proper documents. Hence, as per current trend for similar VIsa requests for my company, there are very high chances of rejection. COuld you pls answer to above questions now considering that it is rejected. Thanks a lot.

More Details - I am currently out of status - L1-B and I-94 expired on 07/21/13. Got RFE on 10/21/13. Yet to respond to RFE. I am more than sure that it is going to be rejected. Client wants me to apply for Canada WP. Pls help me what should I do. SHould I respond to RFE and wait for rejection or leave the country without responding to RFE and apply fresh Canada WP.

Recommended articles about Immigration