CAN INSURANCE AUTO ADJUSTER DEUCT TOTALED CAR VALUE, FOR CARPET APPERANCE,EXTERIOR PAINT APPERANCE,ETC WHAT DEDUCTION CAN TEY LE

Cape Coral, FL |

CAN INSURANCE AUTO ADJUSTER DEUCT TOTALED CAR VALUE, FOR CARPET APPERANCE,EXTERIOR PAINT APPERANCE,ETC WHAT DEDUCTION CAN TEY LEGALY MAKE OF THE VALUE OF THE CAR

1. Adjusters are suppose to assess and value your vehicle by making adjustments up and down for its specific qualities. For example if you have nice rims and tires the value goes up. If your car was covered in rust the value goes down.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

2. It should be "fair market value."

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

3. You are supposed to get fair market value for the car. Their argument will be that the bad condition of the interior/exterior would lead to a lower value for the car on the open market if you were selling it on your ow., this their reasoning for the lower payoff on your car.

4. You should get fair market value FMV, but you may have to fight with the adjuster to get the number up.

5. Sure. All these affect the value of a car. Isn't a pristine vehicle worth more than a junker? But, the issue is how much is deducted and why. Ask your lawyer about your particular vehicle.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me vblawyer@bellsouth.net, or visit my website http://www.millerlawoffices.us

6. If you are in an automobile accident and your car is damaged, the at fault driver is liable for your property damage. In determining the property damage, a party is liable for the less of the cost of repair or the fair market value of the car immediately prior to impact. If your estimate to repair is in excess of the fair market value, the car is totalled. In determining the fair market value, the condition of your vehicle, engine, transmission, paint, carpet, body, interior, mileage, tire life, brake life, and all other aspects of your case add or subtract from the automobile's value. For example, if you look at Kelly Blue Book, Nada, or any other automobile valuation service, the categorize condition of the car and this affect value. If your damage goes beyond their condition descriptions, then an argument can be made that more should be deducted. But, these services take most wear into account, but not existing collision damage, vandalism, and etc... Call an attorney and see what they think. Print your Blue Book and take pictures of the outside, include, engine, wheels, and etc... Bring these to your lawyer.