Skip to main content

Can Indian Consultancy take a Legal action on me?

Santa Clara, CA |

I am international Student. I am in OPT(Valid for a year).I have a valid work authorization (EAD). I joined one Indian consultancy and they used to provide me Online training and monthly stipend.I have Submitted all my valid documents to the consultancy, Also i have updated the consultancy name and address with the university. I left that consultancy without letting them know and joined full time job. Can they take a Legal action on me since i left them without letting them know about this?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. That would depends on whether you had a written contract with them and if so, what that contract states.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. What does your contract state?

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  3. I am not sure it is an immigration question.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  4. Mr. Shusterman is correct ... hopefully you were wise enough to get a written agreement.

    That agreement makes this NOT an immigration question. Talk to

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Education law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics