Can immigration assign u Two different alien number. i had applied for marriage based Adjustment of status .

Asked about 1 year ago - Torrance, CA

when my I-485 application was pending they send me EAD valid for 1 year which had different Alien number.somehow things didnt work and my case was denied.this was 7 years back.again applying for marriage based aos from different case.

this time i requested for fioa for previous case there i saw immigration has Given different A number On all my application it doesnt match my Ead which they gave me with that case.

if i put this A number which immigration gave me.then what should I do for employment authorization form where they say send a copy of the card if ever applied for ead before as the A number is different.should i right granted or denied as it was just valid for 1 year letter when the case got denied it was no longer valid.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . yes it happens.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Eliza Grinberg

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Happens all the time. What is annoying about it is the fact that you need to now include both in all your communications with USCIS and/or EOIR.

  3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . This happens if the applicant does not indicate an existing A number on the second application. You should indicate all A numbers so that the USCIS can consolidate your files, otherwise you may face a delay in your case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,879 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,879 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering