Can immigration assign u Two different alien number. i had applied for marriage based Adjustment of status .

Torrance, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

when my I-485 application was pending they send me EAD valid for 1 year which had different Alien number.somehow things didnt work and my case was denied.this was 7 years back.again applying for marriage based aos from different case.

this time i requested for fioa for previous case there i saw immigration has Given different A number On all my application it doesnt match my Ead which they gave me with that case.

if i put this A number which immigration gave me.then what should I do for employment authorization form where they say send a copy of the card if ever applied for ead before as the A number is different.should i right granted or denied as it was just valid for 1 year letter when the case got denied it was no longer valid.

yes it happens.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Happens all the time. What is annoying about it is the fact that you need to now include both in all your communications with USCIS and/or EOIR.

This happens if the applicant does not indicate an existing A number on the second application. You should indicate all A numbers so that the USCIS can consolidate your files, otherwise you may face a delay in your case.