Skip to main content

Can Ice trick someone into signing volunteerly deportation papers?

Conyers, GA |

my fiance is in ice custody and he was told he would be released if he signed some papers I'm not sure if he signed them or not but he was happy until a few days after that because he is still in there custody..I was told ice gives you those papers in English and he does not speak much Spanish please there anything i could do if he signed the papers not knowing what they were?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Contact an attorney immediately.

Although I wouldn't use the word 'trick' ICE does have a habit of 'encouraging' people to agree to voluntary 'removal'.

NOTE: If you are low income go here: or http://www.imm

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.



well i say trick because my fiance does not speak english

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III


I completely understand.


If your fiance is in ICE custody, the best thing you can do for her is hire an immigration attorney immediately. Having an attorney will definately protect her.

Good Luck


Seek the services of a knowledgeable immigration lawyer right away.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:


I would agree with my colleagues that the best way forward is to consult an immigration lawyer to represent his interest.


Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer