Can I write a formal letter to the embassy of the united states for being absent for one year?

Asked 8 months ago - Arcadia, CA

While I am a green card holder.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

20

1

Answered . Yes, but what would it say? And what would that accomplish? Why didn't you get a Re-Entry Permit?

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

9

1

Answered . Are you wishing to return to the United States? Do you want to abandon your starus? You need to discuss the matter in a consultation. There is a lot more information needed to address your question.

3. Andrew D. Slepian

Pro

9

1

Answered . You have been outside the US for over one year? You plan on being absent? Regardless of your question, there are answers... however, you should at least consult with an attorney to go over the particular facts of your case and provide you legal advice you can rely on.

4. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

7

1

Answered . Please explain why you would want to write such a letter; for example, are you trying to preserve your green card status, or has it already been determined to have been abandoned?

5. Francisco Fraerly Symphorien-Saavedra

Pro

8

1

Answered . Sure you can. You can write a formal letter for anything you would like.

6. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

6

1

Answered . Sure-why not?
    I am sure it will be filed
    appropriately.