Skip to main content

Can i work while im waiting

Guymon, OK |

Hi do you guys thing that i can work while im waiting to be approve on the u visa, i was thinking to use my tax id # instead ssn can work because i need to work

Attorney Answers 3


Do you have employment authorization? If not, you cannot work.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You cannot legally work or accept employment, paid or unpaid without a valid USCIS issued Employment Authorization Document.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


You only can work if you have a valid employment authorization document.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics