Can I work offshore (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off) if I am on probation for a DWI in Houston, Tx.

Asked about 1 year ago - Katy, TX

I have a job offer to work offshore for a company (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off) and I was wondering if that is allowed. I have 15 months left on my probation from a 5 year sentence. Everything is caught up except my fees. I just got done serving 30 days "jail therapy" for my first violation (technical) in 3 1/2 years. What all should I know before I face my PO (which is actually in 2 days)?

1. Richard Timothy Jones

Pro

5

Answered . If you're only supposed to report once a month, you should be fine. It's important that you're letting your probation officer know what is going on.

Austin Probation Lawyer
    512-495-1813
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

2. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

4

Answered . Most POs will work with you in a situation like this. They have incentive to keep you employed--so you can pay them! If your PO tells you that you can't take the job, I would have an attorney approach the judge about it. Judges are (usually) more level-headed than field officers.

3. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

4

1

Answered . One issue that may have bearing on this is how often you have to meet with your probation officer. Generally speaking, it is encouraged for those on probation to be employed. If you had an attorney on the DWI, it might be a good idea to call them, as they should be aware of the terms of your probation. However, it will probably just be easiest to talk to your probation officer - it doesn't sound as if the job will pose any serious problems as far as probation goes.