Skip to main content

Can I work in valid l2 and ead if my husband on l1 visits home country on vacation or visa renewal.

Houston, TX |

Can I work in valid l2 and ead if my husband on l1 visits home country on vacation or visa renewal.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes, you can for the validity period of your EAD and L2 status. But remember that your L2 status is directly dependent on your husband maintaing a valid L-B status.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


If you travel outside the U.S. and come back, you need a new visa. However, there is an automatic revalidation program through CBP where if you travel to Mexico or Canada for less than 30 days, you can be re-admitted at the border so long as you are not a citizen of a “terrorist-sponsoring” organization (and some other limitations), don’t have a visa application pending or previously denied and have an unexpired I-94 card.


Yes ... as long as your husband remains on the payroll of the company that 'owns' his L-1 visa.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Yes, you are authorized to work so long as your L-2 is valid and your EAD has not expired. It is important to note that, as mentioned by other attorneys who have responded, that your status and EAD are 100% dependent on your husband's L-1 status.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer