Can I work in valid l2 and ead if my husband on l1 visits home country on vacation or visa renewal.

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Yes, you can for the validity period of your EAD and L2 status. But remember that your L2 status is directly dependent on your husband maintaing a valid L-B status.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Yes ... as long as your husband remains on the payroll of the company that 'owns' his L-1 visa.

3. Cindy Medina

Answered . Yes, you are authorized to work so long as your L-2 is valid and your EAD has not expired. It is important to note that, as mentioned by other attorneys who have responded, that your status and EAD are 100% dependent on your husband's L-1 status.

4. Irina Alexander Vinogradsky

Answered . If you travel outside the U.S. and come back, you need a new visa. However, there is an automatic revalidation program through CBP where if you travel to Mexico or Canada for less than 30 days, you can be re-admitted at the border so long as you are not a citizen of a “terrorist-sponsoring” organization (and some other limitations), don’t have a visa application pending or previously denied and have an unexpired I-94 card.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now