Can I work in forensic science with a felony?

Mesa, AZ |
Filed under: Felony crime

I was sentenced to 32 months in federal prison camp for a class b felony. (First offense)
I complied and was off probation early. I was clear of everything in 2004. I am currently seeking a presidential pardon because I am going to school to get my AAS in Administration of Justice and my CCL in Forensic Science.

Some lw enforcement agencies with forensic labs may disqualify you and then there are others that would consider you. It is up to each agency as to whether you qualify per their policies. The same is true of independent forensic labs. you will need to contact the various labs you are considereing to determine whether will will be disqualified or not. Sometimes setting aside a conviction or expungement of a criminal record might be of benefit as might a presidential pardon. I recommend that you consult with your attorney.