Can I work if EAD approved but card not received?

Albany, NY |

My H1-B expires on Feb. 18th (six years).
I applied 485+765 and online case status indicated my EAD is approved and in production on Feb. 13th. Can I keep work after Feb. 18th if my EAD not arrive in mail?
what the effective date will be in my EAD, Feb 13th or some other day?

Thanks,

1. If the EAD is approved, then you should be able to work.

2. The problem here will be completing the required I-9.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. If your H-1B expired, no new H-1B extension was filed and you have not yet received your EAD card, you may not be authorized to work until the actual card is received.

The problem will be with the employer and their requirement to properly complete the I-9. Without the actual EAD card in hand, the I-9 may not be able to be completed.

You may need to wait unti the EAD card is in hand.

Regards,

Andrew M. Wilson, Esq.
    Serotte Reich Wilson, LLP
    www.srwlawyers.com
    awilson@srwlawyers.com