Can i work for american company as estimator from mexico by internet if i had been deported for tried crossing illegaly to usa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

i used to work for american company in GA as drywall foreman and estimador but i came to visit my parents a year ago and i tryed to go back illegaly but i got cought by border patrol , now i got offer to work online for them can i get especial permit or since is outside the country can i do it with out.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . US immigration law only applies to people within the US, not people abroad.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Todd Matthew Heine

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . In general, an employee can work from abroad for a US company with little impact on the employee.

    The employer on the other hand has to consider a handful of issues, including:

    - local hiring entity
    - payroll deductions
    - employment law
    - permanent establishment
    - IP protection

    So, the simple answer to your question is that your past issues with US immigration law will not likely interfere with your ability to work remotely from Mexico.

    Total Mobility Law is an international law firm that lets companies do global business with the knowledge and... more
  3. Grace Ingrid Gardiner


    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . Yes you can work for the US company since the work is being done remotely.

Related Topics

Deferred action

Deferred Action is a policy that allows qualifying immigrants to receive employment authorization and have removal proceedings delayed.


Business law covers topics such as business structures, common documents, business taxes and finances, insurance, real estate, and government regulations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,179 answers this week

2,221 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,179 answers this week

2,221 attorneys answering