Skip to main content

Can I work as full time employee with L2 EAD ?

San Antonio, TX |

Can I apply for L2 to H1 conversion through my employer coming april

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Yes, you can be a full-time employee with an EAD based on a L-2. You can also seek a change of status to H-1B in April with a start dateof October 1.

    This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500

  2. I agree with Myron.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

  3. Yes. make sure you have a valid L-2 status and valid EAD until September 30th, 2013.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics