Can I work as a medical assist if I have a felony conviction for forgery

Asked almost 3 years ago - Seattle, WA

No other question

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Vincent Ronald Ross

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . That will be up to your employer. If you would have any access to financial records, it would seem unlikely that you would get the job.

  2. Jennifer Ellen Horwitz


    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . If medical assistants are board certified, than you should ask the board that question. Otherwise, it will be up to your employer. If your conviction is several years old and you have completed all of the conditions of probation and paid restitution and received a Certificate of Discharge, you may be eligible to have your conviciton expunged, which would delete it from your criminal history record. Depending on whether your crime was a class B or C felony, you will also need to be crime free in the community for a period of time (10 years for class B and 5 years for Class C). If you are interested in pursuing expungement and believe you may be eligible, I would recommend you contact an attorney familiar with making expungement motions. I do this and many other attorneys who practice criminal law offer this service as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,842 answers this week

2,865 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,842 answers this week

2,865 attorneys answering