Can I work and live abroad having a 3 yr contract as a cabin crew while on a permanent resident card?

San Francisco, CA |

Hi I'm interested in working abroad due to a great opportunity traveling the world. My only concern is I'm a permanent resident and not yet a citizen. The 5 star airline would like to sign a 3 yr contract and I will be based on a different country. For 3 yrs,. Will that affect my chance to become an american citizen since I don't live here for so long since American laws requires you to stay here and reside in the us. This is a unique question. And hoping for a smart advice. Ty in advance. I have heard some permanent resident cardholders work abroad and just at least visit the USA once a year. Is this true? Ex were actors, etc

You may apply for a re-entry permit for up to a period of 2 years at a time. If approved, this document would allow you to be out of the US as a Permanent Resident for the approved period of time. You may apply for a renewal subsequently, but the application must be made from within the US.

Legal disclaimer: For specific advice on your case, Mr. Minawi can be reached at 1-866-929-0991 ext. 206 or by email-fadi@visaplace.com.This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship.

2. this really depends on the employer. find a good lawyer in the Bay area to look up the specific laws much as i would do if you were in my office. avvo is the only place to get general answers but as you said this is unique to your facts and should be researched in a law office. good luck and have fun and be sure to file US tax returns, etc.

The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez, Elizabeth Cedillo or Yong Wood as highly skilled and experienced. In South Texas I recommend Jodi Goodwin from Harlengin or Leonel Perez of Edinburg. In San Antonio I recommend Bob or Nancy Shivers or drive to Austin to see me or my talented associate Jacqueline Watson.

3. I agree with attorney Minawi

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.