Can I withdraw affidavit of support?

Asked over 1 year ago - Clearwater, FL

I'm now divorced from my foreign national wife, is it possible for me to withdraw the affidavit of support? She lived in a short period of time and left, I suspected soon after she entered marriage to get green card. Is it true that it cannot be withdrawn?

I spoke to someone at ICE they told me that once I divorced I can withdraw the support at USCIS , I cannot confirm this because USCIS has no one answering the phone, I also tried to report my allegations of possible fraud but they redirected me to USCIS, I'm confused.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

19

Answered . It's true.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

Answered . No you can't.

3. Jeffrey Adam Devore

2

Answered . Once your wife's case was approved and she became a permanent resident you cannot withdraw the affidavit of support you filed on your behalf.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . Yes, it is true ... you can not withdraw your affidavit of support.

5. Igor A. Voloshen

3

Answered . This is a favorite of DHS counsel statement at an adjustment of status hearing in Immigration Court: "Are you aware that you are liable for support of your foreign national spouse, until she becomes a US citizen, works for 40 quarters, leaves the country and loses LPR or dies?" The answer to your question is that NO you cannot withdraw your affidavit of support.