Can I want to cancel this timeshare?

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Timeshares

I have a timeshare/resort home in conroe. I have been told if i dont want it anymore i can sell it but only at full price which is over $12,000. Is there any other way i can cancel something like this or am I stuck?

A timeshare can be cancelled and your money refunded within 6 days of when you signed and received a copy of the purchase contract or received the timeshare disclosure statement, whichever is later. So if you are still within that window, you can cancel by giving written notice (hand delivered, by certified mail or by overnight mail delivery). If not, there are still ways to cancel those agreements, but they are more difficult.
You should consult a real estate attorney immediately to determine where you are in the cancellation process and assist you further with this matter.

If this response was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. The response provided herein is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice, nor does it establish or intend to establish an attorney-client relationship. You should always speak with a licensed attorney regarding your legal rights before taking or not taking any particular action.

Recommended articles about Real estate