Can I want to cancel this timeshare?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I have a timeshare/resort home in conroe. I have been told if i dont want it anymore i can sell it but only at full price which is over $12,000. Is there any other way i can cancel something like this or am I stuck?

1. Kevin Matthew Koel

Answered . A timeshare can be cancelled and your money refunded within 6 days of when you signed and received a copy of the purchase contract or received the timeshare disclosure statement, whichever is later. So if you are still within that window, you can cancel by giving written notice (hand delivered, by certified mail or by overnight mail delivery). If not, there are still ways to cancel those agreements, but they are more difficult.
    You should consult a real estate attorney immediately to determine where you are in the cancellation process and assist you further with this matter.