Can I waive a pretrial conference if I am personally afraid of the plaintiff?

Concord, CA |

Plaintiff for small claims has been harassing me. I tried to file a restraining order against her, but because she is very manipulative and rambled on for about 5 minutes at our hearing with a bunch of out of context character references and then cried, restraining order got denied. I don't want to speak to this person; they intimidate me. I don't know what to do. I don't want to pretrial conference with them, because they scare me, and all they do is threaten me and take everything that I say against me and threaten more charges. Do I have any recourse?

1. In all probability, No. Yu can call the court clerk and ask her if the Judgment will allow you to participate telephonically in the Pre-trial conference. Based on the fact that you re intimidated by the Plaintiff

This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.