Can I waive a pretrial conference if I am personally afraid of the plaintiff?

Plaintiff for small claims has been harassing me. I tried to file a restraining order against her, but because she is very manipulative and rambled on for about 5 minutes at our hearing with a bunch of out of context character references and then cried, restraining order got denied. I don't want to speak to this person; they intimidate me. I don't know what to do. I don't want to pretrial conference with them, because they scare me, and all they do is threaten me and take everything that I say against me and threaten more charges. Do I have any recourse?

Concord, CA -

John Noah Kitta

John Noah Kitta

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Fremont, CA

In all probability, No. Yu can call the court clerk and ask her if the Judgment will allow you to participate telephonically in the Pre-trial conference. Based on the fact that you re intimidated by the Plaintiff

Related Advice