Can I use the wild card exemption to keep my income tax refund. If so, please specify the law -- CCP 703 or 704?

Asked over 5 years ago - Irvine, CA

USBK Central District, Chapter 7 filing.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Richard Gaines Heston

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . Yes, tax refunds can be claimed as exempt in an amount up to $21,825 under the so-called "wild card" exemption of California Code of Civil Procedure Section 703.140(b)(5).

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now