Can i use recordings of harassment in court to show negligence/ retaliation against my employer b/c they lied about me complaini

Asked about 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

I went to mediation with my employer because the suspended within 2 weeks of me warning them that if my supervisor did not stop harassing me I would seek a lawyer. Then after that they fired me. This harassment went on for a year and I complained 3 times with comments about my skin and race. The company claimed my inventory was short and since I was the manager I took the fall however my record with evaluation were cleans Loss Prevention interrogated me for hours and escorted me away and my former employee think I am a thief. They knew I had recordings and sent me a letter saying that since I did not send in recordings I was insubordinate and that was the reason for my termination. In mediation the company lied that I did not claim harass until after suspension they gave me unemployment

It is now in investigations, the company offered a settlement in mediation but it was insulting it did not even cover lost wages there are witnesses at the job that will testify and I fear they will be afraid to speak the mediator said the recording would not be evidence they are on my iphone date and time that I called to complain and also one recording of my harassment please advice someone

1. Amanda Amy Farahany

Pro

Answered . Was this mediation at the EEOC? The company is trying to get rid of the information you have to support your claim. You need to talk to an attorney specialized in employment law and harassment to discuss your situation. Feel free to call our firm to further discuss at 404-214-0120

2. James M. Osak

Answered . You would use ANY and ALL evidence that you have.
    They obviously are "worried" about those recordings.
    That's why they made an offer to settle (even if it was
    lowball). Sue them and then they can hear those
    recordings during discovery. Good luck!