Can I use recording from my security cameras as evidence?

Asked 11 months ago - Brooklyn, NY

Hello,
I live in a Co-op building. I had 2 web camera on my entrance door that watched a corridor and recorded any movement on a hard drive of my computer. I installed them because the Co-op could not provide Warranty of Habitability Law. The Co-op has removed one camera without a court. I filed lawsuit. Both the Judge and defendant's lawyer has not demanded the recording from the video cameras, They even did not ask about existence of video files. Can I use these recording as evidence?

1. Steven Warren Smollens

2

Best Answer

Answered . Dear Brooklyn Coop Owner:

If you are the plaintiff, you are the initial party to present evidence. The evidence you desire the court consider is up to you. The other side has the right to object to your offer of evidence. The judge decides whether the offered evidence is admissible.

2. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

2

1

Answered . Sure you can. The opponent's lawyer is obligated to ask for witnesses and evidence you may have for trial. Once you are ready to enter these viseos into evidence, you must lay a foundation for their admissibility. The adversary will have a chance to object. The judge decides.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . Yes. Be sure to bring a laptop computer so you can play it in case the court is not equipped.