Can I use my wife's debit card if we are separated but not divorced?

Asked over 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

We live in California. We were married 3 years ago, separated a year ago, and filed for divorce 4 months ago.

1. Antoinette Cara Liewen

1

Answered . Why do you want to use it? And, would you use it with her permission ?

2. Matthew Thomas Majeski

Pro

1

Answered . You are playing with fire if you do so. I would strongly recommend against it if I were your attorney unless you have her written permission.

3. Reid A Seino

Answered . The prior attorneys are correct: why do you want to do this? If you are on a joint account, you should have your own card and therefore would not need to use hers. If you are in possession of her debit card and you are not authorized on the account, you are committing potentially fraud. Mostly, why do you want to expose yourself to a world of hurt that will not benefit you in the long run?