Can I use my joint account with my mother for items she owes other then medical bills. We have had this

Asked 11 months ago - Akron, OH

Elderly Abuse was filed on my daughter who my sick mom was staying with. I have lived with her for at least 20 years and have done all her banking. Now Elderly Abuse says I can only use her SS money for medical bills. I cosigned two loans for her and she has separate credit card bills. I have used her money as well as my own to pay for these bills. They have a hearing coming up to take over as payee for my mom. Is she responsible for the bills I cosigned for that are not medical and will they pay me for these bills.

Pro

3

Answered . Sit down with a local elder law attorney to formulate a game plan

2. David J. McCormick

Answered . You need to talk with a local elder law attorney ASAP before the hearing.