Can I use my income tax return without a W-2 as proof that I've been here in the US for DACA?

Asked about 1 year ago - Round Rock, TX

Is the income return going to proof I was here for the whole year?

1. Paul Rutledge Durr III

3

Answered . The wage line on your tax return will not show the name of length of employment. If you saved your check stubs, those might prove you were in the US for the times shown on the stubs, or you can try to get confirmation from your employer.

2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

2

Answered . A letter of employment from your employer with dates of employment might be more helpful You can use other documents to show presence also (i.e. school records, medical records, etc.)

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

1

Answered . You can use it but it is not enough evidence. Pay stubs would be better particularly if you have every one and include all copies in the application package.