Can I use my expired passport as a form of ID when I go do my immigration fingerprint?

Paterson, NJ |

Can I use my expired passport as a form of ID when I go do my immigration fingerprint? My passport is expired and there is no time to renew it.

1. They usually would like to see current identification. Check with your country's counsulate nearest your place of residence whether it is their practice to issue consular IDs.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.

2. No. They will not accept an expired passport. Go to the embassy or consul in NY and see if they can stamp an extension in your passport. Many countries will do so. Depending what country you are from there may be a consul in Paterson or Newark, as well.

3. You should try and get your passport renewed. Talk to your consulate about available options. Do you have a state ID?