Can I use Medical Marijuana on probation?

Asked over 1 year ago - New Milford, CT

I am on probation in CT. Right now I am currently in the process of acquiring a medical prescription for marijuana which I am completely qualified for. I am on probation for larceny and have no drug possession or drug selling charges on my record. Can I smoke once I get the prescription.

1. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

3

Answered . This is a question you need to be asking of your probation officer. You may also want to have your attorney file a motion with the court which indicates that you will be receiving such a prescription and want judicial permission to smoke the marijuana consistent with your doctor's orders.

2. Salvatore Bonanno

Pro

2

Answered . Atty Thygersin is correct.

Your PO will be the best person to ask for permission ..... If you assume it's ok, and you're wrong, you'll be violated .... Ask the PO and avoid problems