Can I use Medical Marijuana on probation?

New Milford, CT |

I am on probation in CT. Right now I am currently in the process of acquiring a medical prescription for marijuana which I am completely qualified for. I am on probation for larceny and have no drug possession or drug selling charges on my record. Can I smoke once I get the prescription.

This is a question you need to be asking of your probation officer. You may also want to have your attorney file a motion with the court which indicates that you will be receiving such a prescription and want judicial permission to smoke the marijuana consistent with your doctor's orders.

Atty Thygersin is correct.

Your PO will be the best person to ask for permission ..... If you assume it's ok, and you're wrong, you'll be violated .... Ask the PO and avoid problems

Attorney Bonanno's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should carefully consider advice from an attorney hired and who has all facts necessary to properly advise a client, which is why these answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.