Can I use hotel pictures/names on my website?

Asked over 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

My clients bid for shifts but we are able to do it a little bit faster which helps them get more work. Would I be able to use the name the hotels we can help them with and/or use stock pictures or pictures taken personally of the structure (with/without name) on the website?

1. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . I understand you to have a job bidding website geared to the hotel industry. And I understand that you want to use pictures of the hotels to help you do this. Provided that: (A) you are not implying that you are sponsored by or associated with the hotels, and (B) you do not use copyright protected pictures without permission, I think you can do this.

2. Sreenivasarao Vepachedu

1

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues - consult with your IP attorney.

3. Daniel Nathan Ballard

1

Answered . Q: "Would I be able to use the name the hotels ... ."
    R: Yes.

Q: Would I be able to use ... stock pictures or pictures taken personally of the structure ... ."
    R: Yes.

Both answers, however, need to be verified by your own intellectual property attorney after he reviews all the facts and explains how to publish the hotel names and photographs so you do NOT falsely state or imply that your company or service is in any way endorced or sponsored by any such hotel or lodging association or trade group or anyone else or that your company or service is associated with any such entity. The Randazza Law Group has an office in Las Vegas and should be able to assist you [visit http://randazza.com ].