Can I use DHS Travel Document or Stateless Travel Document for a short vacation to Costa Rica?

Asked about 2 years ago - New York, NY

I'm Russian citizen and the US permanent resident since Nov 2009. My Russian passport has expired but I have Stateless Travel Document issued by the US Immigration service (DHS Travel Document) and it is valid until Dec 2013. Do I need to apply for Costa Rican visa?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . Yes

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . Dobredin, Tovartich/a!

Yes, you do need to apply for a Costa Rican visa on your Travel Document ("White Passport").

I would contact the Costa Rican embassy before you do that, to see how long that will take and whether or not you'll need to file for a new Travel Document (which am afraid you'll have to do, since the current one expires in about a month and a half.)

3. Ala M. Hamayel

1

Answered . Yes, you do need a visa.