Can I use deffered judication on a possession of marijuana charge under two ounce ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Temple, TX

First time ever being in trouble

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

2

Answered . You will qualify for deferred adjudication. You may also qualify for a pretrial diversion program, which is even better because it gets you an outright dismissal. What kind of result you get will depend on the work of your defense attorney. Most offer free consultations. Interview a few until you find the one you are most comfortable with.

2. Todd Bennett Steele

2

Answered . Deferred adjudication is certainly a possibility. What you need to do is consult with a good defense attorney. Perhaps your case is one that could get dismissed, or that you should exercise your right to a jury trial. Only a good experienced defense attorney can properly advise you, and only after he or she has all the facts. Many, like myself, offer free consultations.

3. Richard Timothy Jones

2

Answered . For a first time offense of possession of marijuana with no criminal history you may be able to get a dismissal by taking a class and doing community service. This is what I do for my clients in Austin.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Marijuana Lawyer