Can i use a signed statement from the grandfather that he really stay in USA more than 5 years to attached it with N-600K?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

we expect a new baby and the delivery will be in Canada, the mom is USA citizen but she did not spend 5 years inside and the dad is a green card holder.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need a lawyer before you do anything. Do yourself and you family a favor. Find one and soon. You assume we know you facts here. Based on what you wrote in your post, it is impossible to answer this question. As a general matter an affidavit can be used as evidence. Whether it will be given a lot of weight is up to the officer working the case.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Dinara Maylov

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Statements under oath are used all the time in immigration cases.

  3. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can if you wish, but it won't be of any use for citizenship transmittal purposes as far as you are concerned. Mom needs to file for your immigrant visa with the US consulate in Montreal, and once you are admitted in LPR status, file for your N-600 in the US.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US citizenship

In order to become US citizens and enjoy the benefits that citizenship grants, immigrants must go through the naturalization process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,907 answers this week

3,038 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,907 answers this week

3,038 attorneys answering