Skip to main content

Can I use a matricula consular card as a form of identification for a status adjustment?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA |

This is due to some surnames issue that I had with my original petition for a parent. This seems to be the only document that has both maiden / married names for my parent. On my birth certificate my parent is listed under her maiden name and on her proof of legal entry and mexican passport, she is listed with her married name. This caused a rejection on the submission.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes, you can use a matricula consular card as a form of identification with immigration. Hopefully this clears up the confusion from the other documentation.

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.


For an adjustment, you would need a birth certificate, passport, immigration documents etc, if there are issues you could have additional records. Consult with immigration attorney for a full evaluation.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Call (212)880-1538 for detailed evaluation of your case. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Visit us at WWW.USIMMIGRATIONPLUS.COM Contact Immigration Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016


Yes, you can. But you better also locate your birth certificate and obtain a passport from your nearest consulate.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Yes, the consular card would be sufficient for this purpose.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer