Can i upgrade an i130 petition from lpr to usc even though my PD is already current

Asked about 1 year ago - Hallandale, FL

File i130 when husband was lpr he became usc just few month ago. We sent inf to upgrade petition together with i485. My priority date was already available but still we want to upgrade petition to spouse of usc. I130 was approved 2010

1. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

5

Answered . I agree with attorney Murphy. You are correct in that you should upgrade.

2. Sergey Vladimirovich Makarov

5

Answered . You did absolutely right thing - you sent the request with I-485 application. Whether FB-2A is current is irrelevant, what important is under USC immediate relative petition there is an automatic waiver for unlawful presence and employment without authorization.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

5

Answered . Yes you can uuupgrade and you took the proper steps to request it. You should be scheduled foran interview soon. Remindthe officer at the interview and take your husband's naturalization certificate with you.

4. Alexus Paul Sham

4

Answered . It is usually a good idea to update your information since your husband became a US citizen. Filing the green card application is a complicated process and I recommend consulting an immigration attorney.

5. Rebeca Sanchez-Roig

2

Answered . Yes, you should advise USCIS that your husband is now a USC and request the petition be upgraded.