Can I try to fix a sentence I was unaware of?

Asked over 1 year ago - Danbury, CT

I was arrested for multiple charges and I was sentenced to 15 yrs e/s after 7 years 5yrs probation which it says on my mitimus now my jail time was non violent but I served 65%because of the gun charges my underlining charge was sale of hallucinogen but my probation is violent they put a assault in the 2nd with a weapon as my underlining probation charge which I was in aware of until I violated with my probation they gave me 8 years can I get my paper work back in court also my transcripts do not say that my probation would be violent nor did my lawyer tell me that

1. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

3

Answered . You have two options. 1). Pursue sentence review. It can be explained to you in prison by your counselor. Getting a sentence reduced through the Sentence Review Panel is very difficult and can lead to a greater sentence being imposed if the judges determine the sentence you agreed to was too lenient. 2). Hire an attorney to attempt to get the state to agree to a sentence modification. Also, very difficult. Sentence modification requires the prosecutor's consent if the sentence exceed three years and most prosecutors are unwilling to revisit old convictions. That being said, I personally have succeeded in getting sentences modified and I know of other attorneys who have as well.

2. Salvatore Bonanno

Pro

1

Answered . The decision on how to treat an inmate is up to the board of pardons and parole; and they can look at other convictions in one's past.