Can i travel with valid B1/B2 visa while waiting for adjustment of status,

Asked about 1 year ago - Westland, MI

i recently applied for green card through marriage i want to know if i can travel outside the United States with my valid b1/b2 visa without applying for advanced parole

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No. If you travel outside the US while your application for permanent residence is pending, and if you have not been granted advance parole, then your application will likely be denied as abandoned because of your departure from the US. Please consult with an immigration attorney for more details.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more
  2. Marc Anthony Topoleski


    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Congratulations on your recent marriage! As for your question, no, you cannot travel in this situation. You would need an advance parole.

    Still have more questions? We would love to speak with you! Contact Ellis Porter at 248-519-9900 for specific... more
  3. Nicole Gabrielle Abramowitz Weber

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . In general, it is not advisable to travel outside of the U.S. with a green card application pending. Even if you are granted advance parole, there is no guarantee that you will be permitted re-entry upon your arrival (as border officials have discretion to deny you regardless). If you MUST travel, advance parole is your best bet.

  4. Helen Ramirez

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . My colleagues are correct. It is not advisable to travel while your case is still pending. You may however travel but only if you have ADVANCE PAROLE. If you do not have advance parole, then stay put and wait for your residency card.

    Good luck.

    The information contained on this page is for educational and informative purpose only. This response does not... more
  5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . NO. If you leave you will abandon your submission.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,648 answers this week

2,988 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,648 answers this week

2,988 attorneys answering