CAN I TRAVEL WITH MY ESTA? ESTA VALID ON BRITISH PASSPORT B2 VISA DENIED ON CYPRIOT PASSPORT

Asked about 1 year ago - Murray, KY

I HAVE DUAL CITINZENSHIP, CYPRIOT AND BRITISH PASSPORT. ON NOVEEMBER 2012 I TRAVEL TO THE US UNDER THE VISA WAIVER PROGRAM ON MY BRITISH PASSPORT AND STAYED THERE FOR 10 DAYS, THEN I TRAVELLED AGAIN IN MARCH 17 AND STAYED TILL MAY 26TH AGIAN TRAVELLED ON MY BRITISH PASSPORT AND THE VISA WAIVER PROGRAM. THIS JULY I WENT TO THE CYPRIOT EMBASSY AND APPLIED FOR A B2 VISA ON MY CYPRIOT PASSPORT AND I GOT DENIED DUE TO 214(b) NOT SHOWING ENOUGH TIES TO MY COUNTRY SO I WENT AGAIN SEPTEMBER 18TH , TOOK ALL MY PAPER WORK, BANK LETTER, WORK AUTHORIZATION FOR LEAVE ETC AND STILL GOT DENIED. MY QUESTION IS CAN I STILL TRAVEL WITH MY ESTA? IT IS SHOWING THAT IT IS STILL VALID AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT CONNECTIONS THEY CAN MAKE WITH THE TWO PASSPORTS. ANY HELP WILL BE VERY HELPFUL. THANK YOU

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . You cannot use ESTA when your tourist visa was denied.

2. Neil F. Lewis

Pro

1

1

Answered . You will find out when you you apply for ESTA. You need to disclose your denied visa application on your ESTA application.

3. Eric Elliot Ludin

Answered . Unless another attorney disagrees with me, I do not think that refusal to issue a B2 visa prevents you from traveling under the Visa Waiver Program.

4. Brian David Lerner

Answered . Hello:

It does not appear it was revoked. However, you may want to apply for the B2 with all the supporting evidence to get a better chance.

Regards,

Brian D. Lerner
    Attorney at Law