Can I travel to South America with NY ACD and NJ Conditional Discharge.

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I was put in the Conditional Discharge program in NJ for a simple MJ case (6months). I also have a ACD in NY for the same thing (1 year). I was planning to travel to South America for spring break and was wondering if this can be an obstacle. I am a U.S. citizen with no other issues. Do I need to carry court documents with me?

Thanks

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . If you area as citizen you will not have aproblem re-entering the US. As for entering South America I suggest you call their Embassy. If the ACD is still open that means it has not been dismissed and some countries don't let people in with open cases. I have had clients get turned away by Canada with open cases.

2. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

2

Answered . It should not be an issue

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . Should be okay, but double check with an immigration attorney.