Can I travel to South America with NY ACD and NJ Conditional Discharge.

I was put in the Conditional Discharge program in NJ for a simple MJ case (6months). I also have a ACD in NY for the same thing (1 year). I was planning to travel to South America for spring break and was wondering if this can be an obstacle. I am a U.S. citizen with no other issues. Do I need to carry court documents with me? Thanks

New York, NY -

Find Out More

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

If you area as citizen you will not have aproblem re-entering the US. As for entering South America I suggest you call their Embassy. If the ACD is still open that means it has not been dismissed and some countries don't let people in with open cases. I have had clients get turned away by Canada with open cases.

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Criminal Defense Attorney - Garden City, NY

It should not be an issue

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Bronx, NY

Should be okay, but double check with an immigration attorney.